Criticism and Study of Mohammed Aladdin Mansour’s Translation of Ismail Fasih’s Novel Titled
Winter of 84
Translation has an important role in the transmission of information , exchanging culture and literature among nations, notably the translation of literary texts which have features and characteristics. However, translation faces some difficulties too. The translator of literary texts should have special competencies that result in deep and accurate understanding of the source text and the adequate command of the target language in order to translate the meaning of literary texts and their concepts.
In this paper mistranslation samples in the Arabic translation by Mohammed Aladdin Mansour for Ismail Fasih’s Novel Titled (Winter 84) were studied and criticized . An attempt has been made in this paper to examine the defects and mistakes that occurred in this novel pointing out the importance of this novel and its standing among modern Persian novels in terms of the time period in which it was written, that is the eighties of the past century in which the Iranian -Iraqi war cast its shadows and reflections on the southern Iranian society in particular where the novels events took place. Since the translation of this novel has mistakes that cannot be ignored the researcher has made it an example to study the problems and challenges of translation between Arabic and Persian in our present time.
- Badie, Emad, Fasih works (Novels) (1379A.H) , Tehran, Albors Publication.
- Fasih , Ismail(1386A.H), Winter of 84 , Tehran, Asim Publication.
- Hanif, Muhammad(1386A.H), War from three perspectives (Review of 20 novels and long stories of war) , Tehran,Sarir Publication.
- Khazaei¬ Far, Ali(1382A.H),Translation of literary texts, Tehran, SMT pubication.
- Mansour, Mohammad Alaeddin(2000A.D), Translation of the novel of Ismail Fasih (Winter 84) , Supreme Council of Culture, Cairo.
- Mirabedini, Hassan(1369A.H), Dictionary of Iranian Storytellers, Tehran, Bahar Publications.
- Mirabedini, Hassan(1383A.H) , One Hundred Years of Iranian Writing, Tehran, Cheshme Publication.
- Mirsadeqi, Maimanat(1379A.H), Contemporary Persian Novels, The first book, Tehran, Niloofar Publications.
- Newmark, Piter (2006A.D), The Compiler in Translation, Translated by Dr. Hassan Ghazaleh, Beirut, Alhilal Publication.
- Qasimzadeh, Mohammad(1383A.H), Contemporary Iranian storytellers , Tehran, Hirmand Publication.
- Soleimani, Balqis(1380A.H), The gun and the scale (critique and analysis of war novels) , Ruzgar publication.
- Shakib Ansari(1384A.H), Mahmoud, History of translation before and after Islam, Quran Language and Science Magazine, No. 1 and 2, First year, Ahvaz University.
- Shakib Ansari(1379A.H), Mahmoud, Translation and localization , Scientific and research of the language and knowledge of the Quran Magazine , No. 1, First year, Ahvaz University.
- Yazdani Khoram(1386A.H), Mehdi, An Essay on Ismail Fasih, Etemad Magazine, No. 21, April.
- https://ar.wikipedia.org ‹wiki›, Ismail Fasih.
Copyright (c) 2020 Rafal Muwaffaq Abdulhadi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright and Licensing:
For all articles published in Al-Adab journal, copyright is retained by the authors. Articles are licensed under an open access Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license, meaning that anyone may download and read the paper for free. In addition, the article may be reused and quoted provided that the original published version is cited. These conditions allow for maximum use and exposure of the work.
Reproducing Published Material from other Publishers: It is absolutely essential that authors obtain permission to reproduce any published material (figures, schemes, tables or any extract of a text) which does not fall into the public domain, or for which they do not hold the copyright. Permission should be requested by the authors from the copyrightholder (usually the Publisher, please refer to the imprint of the individual publications to identify the copyrightholder).
Permission is required for: Your own works published by other Publishers and for which you did not retain copyright.
Substantial extracts from anyones' works or a series of works.
Use of Tables, Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks if they are unaltered or slightly modified.
Photographs for which you do not hold copyright.
Permission is not required for: Reconstruction of your own table with data already published elsewhere. Please notice that in this case you must cite the source of the data in the form of either "Data from..." or "Adapted from...".
Reasonably short quotes are considered fair use and therefore do not require permission.
Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks that are completely redrawn by the authors and significantly changed beyond recognition do not require permission.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays in the publication process, you should start obtaining permissions as early as possible. If in any doubt about the copyright, apply for permission. Al-Adab Journal cannot publish material from other publications without permission.
The copyright holder may give you instructions on the form of acknowledgement to be followed; otherwise follow the style: "Reproduced with permission from [author], [book/journal title]; published by [publisher], [year].' at the end of the caption of the Table, Figure or Scheme.