Ethics of Publication
Al-Adab Journal is an accredited refereed academic journal, committed to the highest standards of publication ethics and guidelines, so as to provide its readers with the best quality. The principles of publication ethic our journal observes are a follows:
- Al-Adab Journal shall not publish papers that do not comply with these announced ethics, and if the researcher’s non-compliance is proven, his/her research paper shall be deleted whenever discovered.
- shall Double blindly peer-review all submitted papers and articles.
- Upon receiving submissions, the papers shall be subjected to Turnitin plagiarism detection program, and the similarity index should not exceed 20%.
- Every paper shall be sent to two reviewers, and in case one of the reviewers rejects the paper, it shall be sent to a third reviewer for the sake of fairness. The opinion of this third reviewer shall de final and irrevocable in accepting or rejecting the paper. In all cases, the process of peer-review is double-blind, hence the researcher’s name and contact info shall be removed before sending the paper to the reviewers. Reviewers are from the faculty members of the College of Arts, and other colleges and universities, who should have professor or assistant professor title. Al-Adab Journal is keen on the reviewers being known for objectivity and academic integrity.
- The referee form includes some items highlighting the most important points the reviewer should briefly answer. In case the latter has some comments and modifications to be applied to the paper, they should be written therein or in a separate report to be attached with the aforementioned form. Such comments and notes shall be sent to the researcher in an electronic format to check them and do accordingly. All comments, notes and modifications the reviewers give shall be sent to the researchers. After the paper comes back from researchers, their papers shall be sent back to the same reviewers to make sure that the required modifications they already suggested are observed and made on the paper. No acceptance letter shall be issued unless the Journal makes sure all comments and modifications suggested by the referees are done by the researcher.
- Al-Adab Journal follows the electronic review process via Open Journal System (OJS) in which the review process takes 30 days as of the submission date, whereas the publication takes from 6 to 9 months.
- Pursuant to this code of ethics, the Journal shall report any suspected cases of plagiarism and/or already published papers. Al-Adab Journal shall retain the right to use plagiarism detection programs to check the submissions at any time it may find fit.
Authors should adhere to and guarantee and the followings:
- The paper is not submitted, published nor is being considered for publication
- Any work or text for other authors, contributors, or sources (including the online ones) shall be properly acknowledged and documented.
- The language of the paper is double-checked for accuracy prior to submission.
- The submitted works are the real and original works and intellectual property of their authors and not copied, partially or fully plagiarized from other works, without properly acknowledging the sources.
- In the event of discovering a certain mistake or inadequacy in a specific issue in the submitted work, it is the responsibility of the researcher to immediately notify the Editor-in-Chief to cooperate with the Journal and withdraw the paper or correct it.
- Acceptance of the publishing agreement prior to the submission of the paper.
- Submitting the paper via the online submission procedures.
- Submitting more than one paper at one time is a violation of the current code of publication ethics.
Editors shall undertake the following responsibilities:
- Checking and reviewing the results of refereed papers submitted for publication.
- Diligently seeking to prevent any potential clash of interests between the author and the editors, reviewers and secretary of the Journal.
- Protecting and retaining the confidentiality of all information related to the submitted papers with complete secrecy before publication.
- The Editor-in-Chief shall coordinate the work of editors.
Reviewers shall guarantee the followings:
- Assessing the papers according to their contents, regardless of the ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religious and/or political affiliation of the authors.
- Protecting all information related to the submitted papers as being confidential, and they should notify the Editor-in-Chief in case they discover any violation of the copyrights or any plagiarism issue on the part of the authors.
- Objectively reviewing and assessing the submitted papers, and giving clear recommendations in the evaluation form.
- The reviewer who finds that he/she is not qualified to review the paper sent to him/her, or finds that he/she has no time to read and review that paper, he/she must report his/her apology, in writing, stating his/her inability to do the review and assessment, so that the journal shall refer the paper to another reviewer.