The psychological realism of disease literature in the story ‘‘The coughing couple’’ by Leopoldo Alas Clarín and the situation of COVID-19 patients
Keywords:COVID-19, the pandemic, reality of psychological, filled with pain
The article describes the psychological reality of the characters in the story "The Coughing Couple", which is full of pain, emotion, and suffering from the epidemic. His characters use non-verbal language to express their feelings, which the author expresses in his own words to convey to the reader what his characters feel. The reason for choosing this topic is that it leads us to the same reality of psychological trauma that the COVID-19 pandemic currently affects all human societies on our planet. This psychological trauma is due to preventive social distancing and quarantine, which resulted in experience written transmitted in contemporary literary production.
- Tusón, Vicente y Fernando, Lázaro) 1998): Literatura Española, Anaya, Madrid.
- Mercado, Romero y Margarita, Trina (2015): “Revista ciencias de la educación”, [Internet], Vol. 26, Núm. 46: 118-128.
- Clarín, Leopoldo Alas. El dúo de la Tos. Menorca Islas Baleares: textos. Inf: Núm.641, 2016: 1-10.
- Cantabrana, Begoña, Rodríguez, González y otros (2016): “Una literatura de la enfermedad y de la muerte”. [Internet] Núm. 12: 47‐59.
- Argüelles, Juan Domingo (2011) , Escritura y melancolía., Fórcola Ediciones, Madrid.
- Berger, John. Con la esperanza entre los dientes. Madrid: Alfaguara; 2010.
- Sontag, Susan (1980): La enfermedad y sus metáforas, Munchike Barcelona.
- Iglesias, González, Elena, María y otros (2006): “Tuberculosis y Literatura”, Granada. Biblioteca Las casas, Núm. 2: 4. Disponible en <http://www.index-f.com/lascasas/documentos/lc0184.php> Consultado el 26 de noviembre del 2020.
- Ali Gaber, Intidhar )2021): “Realismo psicológico de la literatura de la enfermedad en el cuento “El dúo de la tos” de Leopoldo Alas Clarín como modelo”, Analele Universităţii de Vest din Timişoara, Seria Ştiinţe Filologice.Romanía: Editura Universităţii de Vest din Timişoara, núm. LIX: 141-151.
- Robsy, Edu (2016): Cuentos Morales. textos info, biblioteca digital abierta.
How to Cite
Copyright and Licensing:
For all articles published in Al-Adab journal, copyright is retained by the authors. Articles are licensed under an open access Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license, meaning that anyone may download and read the paper for free. In addition, the article may be reused and quoted provided that the original published version is cited. These conditions allow for maximum use and exposure of the work.
Reproducing Published Material from other Publishers: It is absolutely essential that authors obtain permission to reproduce any published material (figures, schemes, tables or any extract of a text) which does not fall into the public domain, or for which they do not hold the copyright. Permission should be requested by the authors from the copyrightholder (usually the Publisher, please refer to the imprint of the individual publications to identify the copyrightholder).
Permission is required for: Your own works published by other Publishers and for which you did not retain copyright.
Substantial extracts from anyones' works or a series of works.
Use of Tables, Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks if they are unaltered or slightly modified.
Photographs for which you do not hold copyright.
Permission is not required for: Reconstruction of your own table with data already published elsewhere. Please notice that in this case you must cite the source of the data in the form of either "Data from..." or "Adapted from...".
Reasonably short quotes are considered fair use and therefore do not require permission.
Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks that are completely redrawn by the authors and significantly changed beyond recognition do not require permission.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays in the publication process, you should start obtaining permissions as early as possible. If in any doubt about the copyright, apply for permission. Al-Adab Journal cannot publish material from other publications without permission.
The copyright holder may give you instructions on the form of acknowledgement to be followed; otherwise follow the style: "Reproduced with permission from [author], [book/journal title]; published by [publisher], [year].' at the end of the caption of the Table, Figure or Scheme.